Aubrey Prestwich, a landscape architecture major and Nordic studies minor from Westminster, Colorado, notes the biggest lesson from her time at CU has taught her that it's okay for change to happen. 

Aubrey PrestwichHello everyone! I miss you all so much and I hope we get to see each other's faces without the mediation of a Zoom screen soon.

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
EDSG Secretary- 2 years ASLA Vice President and President Peer Mentor in ENVD TA for several courses

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
When I started the college application process, I thought I wanted to study anthropology. But, I wasn't convinced that that was what I wanted to do, and I was overwhelmed by the prospect of not having a defined community. When I stepped foot in the ENVD building and took a tour, I realized that the community was strong and that I wanted to do something creative, so I chose ENVD!

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
The biggest lesson my time at CU has taught me is that it's okay for change to happen. College is a time of huge life changes, so I had to become resilient when I realized that change was occurring. I hope I can continue to be resilient.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Listen to your gut and take care of yourself. It's okay to say no to things.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Those nights before huge pin-ups will remain some of my favorite times. It wasn't great to lose so much sleep, but being half-delirious among a group of people who care so much about the work they produce is a unique feeling that I wouldn't have otherwise been exposed to. 

What does graduating from college represent for you?
It's a moment of exhalation. I just did four years of exciting, but exhausting work and now I get to see how all of that has culminated. I've become an adult instead of a child, and now I stand on the precipice of the rest of my life. I couldn't be more scared or ready to see what's in store.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
I'll be taking a gap year or two to work at a small business on Pearl Street, and then I plan to go to graduate school for Art History and Curation! The eventual goal is to work in either collections management or curation at an art museum.