To enroll in the Global Engineering minor, students must:
- be admitted to the College of Engineering and Applied Science
- have a minimum 2.50 cumulative GPA
- register for the minor
- Grandfathering policy: Students who entered the College of Engineering and Applied Science prior to fall 2016 and made progress towards meeting the requirements of the Undergraduate Certificate in Global Engineering or the International Engineering Certificate will be able to complete that credential if they desire. Alternatively, those students may switch to the minor in Global Engineering and meet all applicable requirements stated for the new program.
- AP/IB Credit: Students may count up to 6 credits of Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB) towards the requirements
- Transfer Credit: Students may count up to 9 credits of transfer coursework to fulfil the requirements for the minor.
- Pass/Fail: Students may not enroll in courses required for the minor using the pass/fail grading option.
- Overlapping Credits Between Two Minors: Students may count up to 6 credits from another minor to meet the requirements of the Global Engineering Minor. PLEASE NOTE: A certificate in International Engineering cannot be awarded if the student is completing a major or minor in the same language.
- GPA Requirements: In order to earn the minor, students must have a minimum 2.25 average in all courses for the minor; in addition, each course must be passed with a D- or better. However, according to College rules, courses required as pre-requisites for higher level courses must be completed with a C- or better.
- Modifications for International Students: For international students enrolled in the College of Engineering and Applied Science, the global experience requirement is already met. If the student is from a non-English-speaking country, the student is exempt from the foreign language requirement but must instead take a U.S. context course from an approved list.