Our School of Education is facing a unique opportunity to consider community nominations for the honorary renaming of our campus building.
Our school moved to a newly renovated campus home in 2020. As the next phase of the remodel and fundraising efforts continue, we have a historic opportunity to rename our building currently known as the Fleming Building, a name that belonged to a former Law School Dean from when the building housed the Law School.
Together with a committee of alumni, donors, faculty, staff and students, we have established an honorary naming nomination process, and we invite you to submit nominations by Monday, Nov. 28, 2022.
- Summer 2022: Committee selection and criteria setting for honorary naming nominations
- August-November 2022: Committee seeks nominations
- December 2022: Committee reviews nominations and makes a recommendation to the Chancellor
- February 2023: Once/if approved by the Chancellor, we submit the recommendation to the Regents for review
- Fall 2023: New building name dedication