Chances are, at least one student in each course you teach will need some accommodation through Disability Services. To make implementation of these accommodations easy, please:
- Discuss a student’s accommodations, and how they will be implemented, privately. Note that a student may elect not to use all indicated accommodations.
- Ask what learning challenges a student is facing and what has been helpful in the past.
- Consult with Disability Services when you feel an accommodation would limit or undermine the intended learning outcomes of your course.
- Keep information confidential in accordance with federal laws—FERPA, the Americans with Disabilities Act, and Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
- Advise your teaching assistant about necessary accommodations in class, recitation or lab.