Alex Worsnip (UNC Chapel Hill) will be our CVSP Visiting Fellow this fall, here from October 1-20. He describes his interests as follows:
"The general project I'm working on at the moment (as advertised in my application) is political epistemology. Here's a list of topics that I'm thinking about:
- Political disagreement (and how to respond to it)
- Deference to experts - when and where it is required; whether deference to experts is in tension with democratic autonomy
- The epistemology and ethics of media consumption; questions about bias in media reporting
- The epistemology of climate change (& climate change skepticism)
- Epistemic standards in the law (questions about the burden of proof; the debate about the admissibility of "merely statistical" evidence)"
For more information see his website at: http://www.alexworsnip.com/