We offer assessment and treatment of Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
Information for New Students
We have specific guidelines for prescribing medications for students with ADHD.
Treatment (including stimulant medication) will only be initiated if the student meets one of the following cirteria:
- The student provides sufficient documentation of a prior ADHD assessment conducted within the past three years, regardless of treatment or
- The student was tested for ADHD anytime in the past, receives ongoing medication treatment presently, and provides sufficient documentation (e.g., letter or records from the treating physician documenting diagnosis and treatment response).
We will not prescribe ADHD medications to students unable to provide this documentation.
Review of ADHD Documentation
There is a $50 fee for reviewing ADHD documentation. This fee is covered by the Gold SHIP; however, coverage for incoming students does not begin until the start of the plan year on August 18. Please note that ADHD documentation received by CAPS will not be automatically reviewed. To have your records reviewed please take the following steps:
- Send or release records to CAPS.
- Sign and submit the ADHD Documentation Review Policy.
- Contact CAPS to request that an ADHD documentation review be completed and confirm that we have received your records.