CAPS offers treatment for students diagnosed with ADHD.
CAPS does not offer formal testing/assessments for diagnosing ADHD, however CAPS can provide referrals to providers in the community who are able to conduct this assessment.
Information for New Students
We have specific guidelines for prescribing medications for students with ADHD.
Prescription of stimulant medication will only be initiated if the student meets one of the following criteria:
- The student provides sufficient documentation of a prior comprehensive ADHD psychological testing battery conducted within the past three years, regardless of treatment or
- The student was tested for ADHD anytime in the past and has a history of treatment with sufficient documentation (e.g., letter or records from the treating physician documenting diagnosis and treatment response).
We will not prescribe ADHD medications to students unable to provide this documentation.
Initiating ADHD Treatment at CAPS
All CAPS services must be initiated through an initial screening. If you are seeking treatment for ADHD (including stimulant medication), please sign up for a screening appointment on the Student Health Portal.
Please do not upload ADHD documentation to the patient portal before your initial screening appointment. CAPS staff will provide you with the necessary information regarding document review after your initial screening.
Review of ADHD Documentation
There is a $50 fee for reviewing ADHD documentation. This fee is covered by the Gold SHIP; however, coverage for incoming students does not begin until the start of the plan year on August 1. Please note that ADHD documentation received by CAPS will not be automatically reviewed. To have your records reviewed please take the following steps:
- Attend a screening at CAPS before sending or uploading any documentation.
- After completing your walk-in appointment, send or release records to CAPS.
- Sign and submit the ADHD Documentation Review Policy.
- Contact CAPS to request that an ADHD documentation review be completed and confirm that we have received your records.