The International Conference on Photochemistry is the oldest and most established event on photochemistry in the world and has provided a forum to report the effects of light on chemical and physical systems for almost 60 years. Over time, the event and topics have evolved from the pre-laser era to today’s emerging and expanding methods to understand the photochemistry and photophysics.
The 29th International Photochemistry Conference (ICP 2019) will be held July 21-26, 2019 at the University of Colorado Boulder.
ICP 2019 Speakers and Technical Program
ICP 2019 returns to the USA for the first time in 20 years offering a program of outstanding and distinguished plenary speakers and sessions in the technical program that cover the wide breadth of innovation and understanding in the field of photochemistry.
From Ultrafast Spectroscopy to Nanoscale Systems, Next-Generation Chemical Reactions to Photoredox Processes, and Device-Inspired Photochemistry and Photophysics, photochemists around the world will find value and insight in conference discussions and proceedings. Given the established expertise in renewable energy and the environment at the University of Colorado Boulder, technical sessions will also include solar fuels and atmospheric photochemistry.
Visiting Boulder, Colorado
The University of Colorado Boulder is an exceptional location, nestled next to the striking Flatiron mountains and within reach of the majestic Rocky Mountains while being less than an hour away from Denver International Airport.
ICP 2019 will be held at the main campus of the University of Colorado, which is centrally and conveniently located near downtown Boulder. Attendees will enjoy an opening reception and poster session overlooking the University’s Folsom Field football stadium and a panoramic view of the mountains.
The week’s schedule will be a robust mix of speakers, sessions, networking, and social events. The final day, Friday July 26, is an optional day-long tour of Rocky Mountain National Park located near Estes Park, Colorado.
National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL)
University of Colorado Boulder
For information contact:
International Advisory Board
- Gonzalo Cosa - McGill University, Canada
- Hermenegildo Garcia - Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
- Johan Hofkens - KU Leuven, Belgium
- Anita Jones - University of Edinburgh, UK
- Dongho Kim - Yonsei University, Korea
- Hiroaki Misawa - Hokkaido University, Japan
- Yasuyuki Tsuboi - Osaka City University, Japan
- Linda Peteanu - Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- Gregory Scholes - University of Princeton, USA
- Trevor Smith - University of Melbourne, Australia
- Natalie Banerji - University of Bern, Switzerland
- Dominik Wöll - RWTH Aachen, Germany
- Guoqiang Yang - Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
History of The International Conference on Photochemistry
- 2017 Strasbourg (France)
- 2015 Jeju Island (Korea)
- 2013 Leuven (Belgium)
- 2011 Beijing (China)
- 2009 Toledo (Spain)
- 2007 Cologne (Germany)
- 2005 Cairns (Australia)
- 2003 Nara (Japan)
- 2001 Moscow (Russia)
- 1999 Durham, NC (USA)
- 1997 Warsaw (Poland)
- 1995 London (UK)
- 1993 Vancouver (Canada)
- 1991 Paris (France)
- 1987 Budapest (Hungary)
- 1985 Tokyo (Japan)
- 1983 College Park, MD (USA)
- 1981 Heraklion (Greece)
- 1978 Cambridge (UK)
- 1975 Edmonton (Canada)
- 1973 Jerusalem (Israel)
- 1971 Bordeaux (France)
- 1969 Yorktown Heights, NY (USA)
- 1967 Münich (Germany)
- 1965 Tokyo (Japan)
- 1963 Rochester, NY (USA)
- 1962 Brüssels (Belgium)/Durham NC (USA)