Join us for the inaugural CMCI Sports Media Summit, bringing leading sports reporters and producers to campus to talk about some of the challenges facing sports journalists today.
Tuesday, Oct. 2, 2018 | University of Colorado Champions Center
Large Team Auditorium (third floor)
Schedule of Events
CU Football Press Conference: 11:45 a.m. to 12:45 p.m.
- Select players and head coach Mike MacIntyre
Lunch (on your own)
Auditorium opens • 1:30 p.m.
Welcome and opening comments • 1:45 p.m.
- Lori Bergen, Founding Dean, College of Media, Communication and Information
- Pat Ferrucci, Interim Director, CMCI sports minor
Panel discussion: “When Sports Become Headline News” • 2 p.m.
- Gayle Brisbane, former sports reporter for FOX 10 KSAZ-TV in Arizona and host of an outdoors series for Outdoor Life Network
- Jim Gray, reporter and commentator with Showtime, Fox and Westwood One Radio. Formerly with ESPN, NBC Sports and CBS Sports
- Peter Lasser, producer and director with Lasser Productions, and has produced 10 Olympic games
- Jay Rothman, EPSN vice president in production and lead producer for Monday Night Football
Break • 3:15 p.m.
Panel discussion: “Football in America: Culture, Changes and Challenges” • 3:45 p.m.
- Chris Fowler, ESPN college football and tennis host and commentator
- Nicki Jhabvala, reporter at The Athletic and former Broncos beat writer for The Denver Post
- Brent Schrotenboer, USA Today sports reporter
Closing comments • 5 p.m.