The Master of Arts in Journalism Entrepreneurship is an online professional degree program that prepares you to be a thoughtful and creative storyteller and entrepreneur using emergent technologies in a rapidly changing media landscape.
The program is designed for students with a range of professional experience who seek to understand and break through in a continually evolving media market.
With its unique focus on entrepreneurial practices, the program will give you the ability to:
- Understand funding models and develop business opportunities for new and/or existing media companies;
- Apply tools and technologies appropriate for the journalism industry;
- Write correctly and clearly in forms and styles appropriate for the communication professions, audiences and purposes they serve;
- Understand journalistic norms, including how to research and evaluate information, as well as the media business;
- Work ethically in pursuit of truth, accuracy, fairness, and diversity;
- Develop your own voice and media brand.
This flexible online degree allows you to complete the program at your own pace or in as little as one year. You can also choose from one of two specialized tracks—Sports Journalism or Entrepreneurship—to tailor your education to meet your specific career goals.
University of Colorado Boulder
Division of Continuing Education
1505 University Ave.
Boulder, CO 80309-0178