Welcome to undergraduate advising
It is our mission to provide you with an education that will not only prepare you for a career but will also give you the tools to pursue your passions and live up to your potential. You can connect with your advisor in a variety of ways.
Appointments can be made up to two weeks in advance. When the system shows no availability, it means all possible appointments are taken; new appointments appear on a daily basis. If you need to cancel or reschedule an appointment, please do so with as much advance notice as possible—no-shows take up time from fellow students.
- Make sure you run a new degree audit and read it carefully before your appointment. For information on how to do so, click here. To understand your degree audit, click here.
- Access Buff Portal Advising by clicking on the Student icon and sign in with your Identikey and password.
- In the Schedule an Appointment box on the left, choose the reason for coming in and click the Next
- Depending on your choice, you will be taken through a number of different options to provide your advisor more details about your appointment. Once you have gone through the additional options, click Make an Advisor Appointment Now!
- You will be taken to your advisor’s calendar, which will show selectable meeting times (in red) and walk-in/open hours.
- Click the timeslot in the advisor’s schedule that works for you.
- In the new window, enter details about your meeting in the Desired Outcome text area.
- Click Book Appointment and it will appear in your Meetings widget.
- You will receive a confirmation at your CU Boulder email of your scheduled appointment.
It could be an issue with an AdBlocker bowser plug-in. We’ve had issues reported with both Chrome and Firefox. To fix, try setting the ad blocker to not run on Buff Portal pages. This is an easy change with no threat to your computer. The icon is typically located at the top right corner of the browser. When you click on it, the option should be shown to not run on the page you are viewing.
If that doesn’t work, notify OIT to fix it for you.
Drop-in advising information
The CMCI advising office is located at Folsom Stadium between Gate 2 and Gate 3 in room 110. CMCI participates in the campus-wide walk-in advising hours on Mondays, from 1 to 3 p.m., starting the first day of classes to the last day of classes.