CMCI Ambassadors is a student group that acts as a liaison between prospective and incoming students and the College of Media, Communication and Information. Our mission is to create a welcoming and informative environment for students and visitors whether on campus or in a virtual space. As CMCI ambassadors, our role is to be a resource, advocate, and contributing member to CMCI and its prospective students, families, current students and alumni.
Applications are open to join our ambassador team for the spring 2022 semester:
Apply to be a CMCI ambassador!
CMCI Ambassadors are students who promote CMCI and provide connections between prospective and current CMCI students, staff, faculty, alumni and donors through informational and outreach events. CMCI Ambassadors also assist the communication team with content aimed at prospective students.
The 2021-22 CMCI Ambassador team will be comprised of 4 Lead Ambassadors and 13-15 Core Ambassadors.
- Host information sessions for prospective students to learn more about CMCI
- Give general tours of the CASE building, the Armory building (classrooms and the equipment rental facilities), CMCI CommRAP in Buckingham Hall, Radio 1190, and the CMCI Broadcast Studio, Immersive Media Lab, and other spaces of CMCI significance.
- Assist with CU Admissions events (Explore CU, Admitted Students Day, Be Boulder for a Day, etc.)
- Assist with CMCI-specific recruitment events (CMCI Preview, Computing, Technology and Data @ CU Boulder, etc.)
- Assist with summer, fall and spring New Student Welcomes
- Attend alumni and donor events Work other CMCI events (Homecoming, Family Weekend, etc.)
- Assist with student Q&A panels at various events
Core ambassadors are required to:
- Attend biweekly meetings (date/time TBD) that we will try to schedule around all ambassador availabilities.
- Help out with Admitted Students Day (April 2, 2022).
Core ambassadors are expected to:
- Independently lead CMCI tours on your own and presentations for prospective students
- Work with Lead Ambassadors to help develop CMCI recruiting strategies
- Write postcards and make phone calls to prospective students
- Help with CMCI Preview event (March 14th, 2022)
- Mandatory help with Admitted Students Day (April 2nd, 2022)
Core Ambassador applications are open now and due by Nov. 29, 2021.