Application is now open to join our 2020-21 CMCI Ambassador Team!
Application deadline extended to April 10, 2020.
What is a student ambassador?
CMCI Ambassadors promote CMCI and provide connections between prospective and current CMCI students, staff, faculty, alumni and donors through informational and outreach events. CMCI Ambassadors also assist the communication team with content aimed at prospective students. The 2020-2021 CMCI Ambassador team will be comprised of 3 Lead Ambassadors and 12-14 Core Ambassadors.
What do CMCI Ambassadors do?
- Host information sessions for prospective students to learn more about CMCI
- Give general tours of the Armory (classrooms and the equipment rental facilities), CMCI CommRAP in Buckingham Hall, Radio 1190, CASE and the CMCI Broadcast Studio
- Assist with CU Admissions events (Explore CU, Admitted Students Day, Be Boulder for a Day, etc.)
- Assist with CMCI-specific recruitment events (CMCI Preview, Computing, Technology and Data @ CU Boulder, etc.)
- Assist with summer, fall and spring New Student Welcomes
- Attend alumni and donor events Work other CMCI events (Homecoming, Family Weekend, etc.)
Core ambassadors are expected to:
- Independently lead CMCI tours on your own and presentations for prospective students
- Work with Lead Ambassadors to help develop CMCI recruiting strategies
- Write postcards and make phone calls to prospective students
- Help with CMCI Preview (October 16, 2020 and March 15, 2021)
- Help with Admitted Students Day (anticipated for April 9, 2021)
- Meet with Lead Ambassadors to work on CMCI projects for 1-2 hour each month
- Attend monthly trainings (listed below). Trainings are scheduled from 8:15 am - 9:15 am on:
- Friday, September 11, 2020
- Friday, October 17, 2020
- Friday, November 13, 2020
- Friday, December 11, 2020
- Friday, January 22, 2021
- Friday, February 12, 2021
- Friday, March 12, 2021
- Friday, April 2, 2021
- Friday, April 30, 2021
- Attend for a training retreat August 15, 2020
If these meeting times do not end up working with your class schedule, we can explore opportunities to make up these missed meetings; however, the preference is for you to be present at these meetings.
If you have any questions, contact Shelby Javernick, Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager (Office: CASE W262F, Phone: 303-735-6401)