What is a student ambassador?
CMCI ambassadors are students that serve as liaisons between prospective students, parents, and the university, as well as promote CMCI and provide connections between prospective and current CMCI students, staff, faculty, alumni and donors through informational and outreach events. CMCI ambassadors also assist the communication team with content aimed at prospective students.
What do CMCI ambassadors do?
- General admission tours of the Armory, ENVD space (that houses INFO) and broadcast studio in the Roser ATLAS building.
- Periodically asked to walk prospective students and families around campus for an unofficial campus tour. This happens when Admissions is not offering campus tours, or they are full.
- Assist with CU Admissions events (Explore CU, Admitted Students Day, Be Boulder for a Day, etc.)
- Assist with CMCI recruitment events (CMCI Preview, Computing, Technology and Data @ CU Boulder, etc.)
- Assist with summer, fall, and spring New Student Welcomes
- Attend alumni and donor events
- Work other CMCI events (Homecoming, Family Weekend, etc.)
The 2018-2019 CMCI Ambassador team will be comprised of 3-4 lead ambassadors and a 7-9 of core ambassadors.
What’s a core ambassador?
A core ambassador is a volunteer position that is for a full academic year. After one year of serving as a core ambassador, students can then apply to be a lead ambassador. Core ambassadors attend one of training meeting every month and do 3 hours of office hours every month.
Core ambassador meetings will be:
- Sunday, Sept. 30, 2018, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Oct. 14, 2018, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Dec. 9, 2018, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Jan. 27, 2019, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, Feb. 17, 2019, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, March 17, 2019, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, April 14, 2019, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday, May 5, 2019, 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
What are the requirements to be a core ambassador?
Core ambassadors are expected to:
- attend a monthly training meetings (only one missed meeting allowed per year)
- practice facilitating student visit tours, become comfortable enough to lead tours on your own and do presentations
- work with lead ambassadors to help develop CMCI recruiting strategies
- help at Admitted Students Day (Saturday, April 6, 2019)
- help at either CMCI Preview (Friday, Oct. 19, 2019) or Computing, Technology and Data @ CU Boulder (Friday, Nov. 2, 2019). If this isn’t possible, students can make up the dates they missed by working other events.
Core ambassador applications are open! The application is due at 11:59 p.m. on Sept. 7. Interviews will be Sept. 10-13.
If you have any questions, contact Shelby Javernick, Student Recruitment and Outreach Manager (Office: ARMR 106, Phone: 303-735-6401)