Published: Dec. 14, 2020

Strategic Communication major Madeleine Bendalin, with minors in Media Studies and Jewish Studies, dreams of being a White House Press Secretary. She is CMCI's December 2020 Outstanding Graduate.

Name a class that you loved while you were here and explain what you'll take away from it.
"I loved the Public Relations Event Planning class. I had to learn how to think critically and creatively, as well as problem-solving. It taught me how to conceptualize big ideas, execute them and to always expect the unexpected."

Any extracurricular activities that were highlights for you here at CU?
"I joined Student Ambassadors and it was one of the best decisions I made. I loved showing prospective Buffs around campus and serving as a resource for them. I also really enjoyed giving joint tours with the friends I made and reciting random facts about campus!" 

We know it's been a tough time to graduate. Is there a piece of advice, a lesson you learned from a mentor or a support resource that helped you finish strong?
"Advice I have taken to heart is to stay positive and always keep working on yourself. The world is so uncertain right now, and there isn’t a ‘right’ place to be or a ‘right’ job to have directly after college, so don't put too much pressure on yourself to constantly have the next thing lined up."

Best Buff memory?
"Pretty basic, but… celebrating game days with my best friends!" 

What does the future hold? 
"I guess this is my way of saying that I’m graduating from college unemployed, but I think the future will take me exactly where I need to be. I would love to work at a PR agency, or work in the nonprofit world, or eventually become Press Secretary for the White House! It’s all up in the air, but I like to be ambitious." 

Presenting CMCI's December 2020 Graduates