In order to pay for a purchase you have three options:
- If you have a CU purchasing card (PCARD) and a high enough limit you may use your card (see the information under Expense Reports regarding submitting the receipts).
- Keep in mind that splitting various purchases from the same vendor over a short period of time could prove problematic and consult the Research Administrator if there is any doubt about whether the PCARD purchase is the most appropriate method.
- The CIPS Research Manager can assist with any purchase (including higher dollar purchases) on the departmental PCARD.
- The CIPS Research Manager can submit a purchase requisition for items that have a high dollar amount or other aspects where paying from an invoice after receipt of goods/services is preferable to paying by PCARD at the time of order.
- To have a requisition issued, please send a quote to the CIPS Research Manager.
- If the request is over $5k (higher thresholds might apply depending on the funding source) it may be necessary to also supply information for a Sole Source Justification.