The tenure, tenure-track faculty member continues with a standard workload until the final semester. Policy information is located on the Office of Faculty Affairs website.  


  • Faculty member discusses intent to separate with the department/program/center chair or director. 

  • Faculty member submits notice of resignation in a Word document to the department chair/director.  

  • The chair/director forwards the notice of resignation document to CAS Faculty Affairs (

  • CAS Faculty Affairs submits a form to the Department Chair/Director, Dean of Division, and the Office of Faculty Affairs (OFA, if applicable) for signatures with a copy to the Graduate School or the Research and Innovation Office if applicable, Human Resources Service Center and Department Coordinator. 

Reviewed 25 January 2024