Who is eligible to participate in the program?
- All ROSTERED faculty including Instructors, Senior Instructors with multi-year appointments totaling 50% or more
- Faculty who will be retiring during the next academic year if a recommendation is received from the Chair
Who is not eligible to participate in the program?
- Emeritus faculty
- Lecturers and instructors who are not on the continuing roster
- Faculty denied tenure, reappointment
- Faculty not returning in the fall
Who keeps track of who is eligible and when?
- OIT keeps a database
- Department Contact person should monitor as well
- Encourage purchase during eligible year – no guarantee that eligibility can be rolled into the next year
Who keeps track of the purchases?
- The OIT FCPP team: Bruce Fast and Dan Herrick; email at email@example.com
- Purchases should be made using a PO first and a Procurement Card only if necessary
- No Personal Credit Cards! (Won’t be reimbursed.)
Who processes the reimbursement?
- OIT processes the reimbursement
How often and how much is reimbursable?
See OIT website Faculty Computer Purchase Program | OIT
- Presently on an every four years cycle
- Maximum of $1,200 reimbursable
- Must get prior approval for purchase from Bruce Fast if they do not purchase a “recommended” system
Note that the computer DOES NOT belong to the faculty person; it is University property
- This is a “replacement” program; not intended for the purchase of that first computer
- One of the goals of the program is to downstream replaced computers to others as needed
- The use of personal funds to help pay for FCPP computers is NOT possible; equipment remains CU property