CU Buff Gold Dance Team

The Buff Gold Dance Team is an audition-based team through the CU Sport Club Program. The team consists of around 20 members who commit several hours of their week to technique, choreography, and performances. The team is proud to support CU and other Sport Clubs during games and half times.  The team also has the opportunity to represent the University of Colorado at the USA Nationals in Anaheim, California each year.  Members of this team are also committed students of various majors, involved in several other activities such as Greek life, GIVE, and various other volunteer clubs.  In order to go to nationals each year, the team participates in several fundraisers and works hard to prepare a hip hop and jazz routine to perform. The Buff Gold Dance Team provides an outlet for people who want to continue competitive dance while gaining leadership experience in college.

“This team has provided me with amazing friends, and an outlet to not only express myself, but also release the stress that builds up from school.  The team taught me to be a leader and find the strength within myself to perform not only better on the dance floor, but also in school.  I can honestly say that I’m a better, more prepared person because of this team.” ~Lexi Herman, Senior

“This team is something special in the midst of the chaos of college. It has truly shaped me into a more advanced dancer as well as a better leader, person, and teammate. I love going into the studio because I can forget about my exams, homework, and stress and work hard on something I truly enjoy for a few hours.” -Amy Eichman, Sophomore

“Buff Gold Dance Team has affected my college career by giving me confidence in not only myself, but in some of my best friends I've made on the team as well. It has reassured me that dedication and hard work can take you a long ways, and that there doesn't have to be a compromise between doing what you love and school since the dance team combines the two. It has been an outlet from stress that my college career has put on me and it has also been my motivation to stay on top of my school work and job. ~Kayla O’Connor, Sophomore