Recipients are required to:
- Attend and participate in two (2) designated Native American building community events/activities each semester.
- Meet the minimum of two (2) meetings each semester with the Academic Specialist, regarding academic success strategies. Students are welcome and encouraged to meet more.
- Achieve a required 2.50 grade point average (GPA), 12 credit hours a semester (24 in an academic year). If not achieved, a Probationary status may be be an option, provided there are extenuating circumstances, with acceptable documentation.
- Attend and participate in the White Antelope Memorial Program (WAM)/First Nations Program (FN), Student Academic Success Center (SASC) Leadership, Excellence, Achievement and Diversity (LEAD) Alliance Program. This requirement is met by attending a SASC Symposium each semester.
- Remain a non-resident for tuition classification purposes.
- Membership in the program will be renewed each semester, provided all First Nation Program requirements and renewal criteria are fulfilled and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is maintained. Membership is renewable for four years (8 semesters). Transfer students have varying years of renewal eligibility.
- Submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is recommended, but is not required.
- Meet each semester with the academic advisor of their primary program or major advisor regarding mid-term grades and class schedules for the next semester.