Go all in with Alternative Breaks! The CU Alternative Breaks (AB) program sends teams of college students to engage in community-based service projects during each college break. This program provides students with the opportunity to partake in meaningful service, reflect upon their experiences, and create long-lasting connections with others, all with the goal of creating active citizens. We hope you’ll be a part of this experience!
- Each Alternative Breaks trip is led by two Site Leaders and has 10 participants.
- All full-time, undergraduate and graduate students are eligible to participate in any part of the CU Alternative Breaks program.
- The cost for each Alternative Breaks trip is all-inclusive and includes transportation, food, lodging, and community partner fees.
- Alternative Breaks trips are drug, tobacco, and alcohol free.
- All Alternative Breaks trips adhere to the 8 Components of a Quality Alternative Break.
The CU Alternative Breaks program is a proud member of Break Away: the Alternative Break Connection, Inc., a non-profit organization that supports the development of quality alternative break programs.