The Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council exists to engage students in a meaningful way and provide the appropriate support, resources and opportunities for its diverse student body to thrive. In addition to sharing ideas, counsel and feedback regarding issues that affect the student body, members will also engage in leadership development and mentorship opportunities.
Members of the Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council will be responsible for:
- Serving as an advisory board to the Dean of Students on student-related issues and concerns.
- Advocating for, providing feedback from and collaborating with campus programs, initiatives and services.
- Increasing student access and awareness of services provided by the Dean of Students Office with an emphasis on underrepresented and marginalized communities.
- Appraising and evaluating the effectiveness of current and potential programs.
- Participating in Dean of Students programming, activities and campus events.
As part of the Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council, students will:
- Receive leadership development and mentorship opportunities from CU Boulder faculty and staff.
- Grow a deeper sense of belonging, connection and community at CU Boulder.
- Cultivate interpersonal and communication skills.
- Develop a deeper understanding and connection with other students.
- Gain a general knowledge of campus programs and services.
- The Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council will meet once a month for an hour and half, September - May (with optional summer involvement).
- Fall 2023 Schedule: Meetings will occur on the second Thursday of each month from 5 - 6:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 7
- Thursday, Oct. 12
- Thursday, Nov. 9
- Thursday, Dec. 7
- Additional meetings may be scheduled for affinity groups, mentoring or other committee work.
- Students must demonstrate a commitment to the Buff community and a desire to enhance the student experience.
How to apply:
Students should apply online by submitting this interest statement form. Interest statements will answer the following questions:
- Why do you want to be part of the Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council?
- What skills and experiences do you have that might contribute to the success of the Council?
- What ideas do you have for making CU Boulder a more welcoming and equitable place for all students?
Students may also include a resume detailing their work, education and volunteer experience, but resumes are not required in order to be considered.
All current undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. The Dean of Students Leadership & Values Council is accepting interest statements on a rolling basis. There is no deadline to apply.