CU Science Discovery’s school-based STEM Workshops are full-day (5-hour) STEM immersion programs that can be delivered in two ways:
- At your school for up to three 4th-8th grade classrooms per day
- For up to 21 district teams (consisting of one teacher and five students) with the help of a local coordinator
STEM Workshops feature an introduction, three 75-minute classes focused on a specific theme or content area, and a program wrap-up.
These programs are designed to:
- Provide a full-day of engaging hands-on STEM learning and activities
- Explore relevant science, engineering or pedagogical themes
- Develop science, engineering and innovation process skills
- Share cutting-edge science from the University of Colorado Boulder
While there are grant and scholarship opportunities available for some workshops, the base-cost for a full-day STEM Workshop at your school is $450 for the first class, and $375 for each additional class. Additional travel and logistical fees apply for schools outside the Denver metro area. A general overview of program logistics is below:
- STEM Workshops can accommodate one to three full classes (up to 90 students).
- The CU Science Discovery team will arrive at your school the evening before, or early the morning of programs, to set up an extensive set of teaching materials.
- The workshop can run in a single, or multiple classrooms depending on the number of learners.
- Ideally, two and three-class workshops will have access to an auditorium or multipurpose room for large group introduction and wrap-up activities.
- Programming can accommodate full-day and period-based schedules with three 45-75 minute classes.
- Sample Schedule (75-minute classes):
- 9-9:30am: Introduction
- 9:45-11am: Class One
- 11-11:45am: Lunch
- 11:45am-1pm: Class Two
- 1:15-2:30pm: Class Three
- 2:30-3pm: Wrap-Up
Current STEM Workshop topics include:
Questions? Please contact Scott Sieke via email or complete this online request form to receive more information: