The Office of Victim Assistance (OVA) will be available by phone or telehealth only over fall break. Please call 303-492-8855 to get connected.
Disasters take many forms and so do the responses people may have to them. Here are some national resources and links that address general and specific disasters.
Resources from the APA (American Psychological Association) and ACA (American Counseling Association)
- Recovering emotionally from disaster
- Managing your distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Coping in the Aftermath of a Shooting
- Helping your children manage distress in the aftermath of a shooting
- Managing traumatic stress: Recovering from explosions
- Building resilience to manage indirect terror exposure
- Building Your Resilience
APA Resoures for Natural Disasters
- Manage Flood-Related Distress by Building Resilience
- Strengthening Your Emotional Well-Being-manage flood-related fears and anxiety
- Tips for managing distress related to wildfires
- Managing Traumatic Stress: After the Tornadoes
- Tornadoes, Hurricanes, and Children