New Student & Family Programs strives to create experiences that are accessible and accommodate the needs of all of our attendees. If you anticipate needing any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact New Student & Family Programs in advance of your visit at or (303) 492-4431. When possible, please contact us at least two weeks in advance of the event so that the appropriate arrangements can be made.


If you need academic accommodations, please contact Disability Services (303) 492-8671 or email

If you need communication or mobility accommodations please call (303) 492-4431 or send an email to Please know that ASL interpreters can be made available for activities and unstructured social time, as well as formal presentations. In addition, projected material or handouts can be provided in large-print size upon request and slideshows and handouts can be made available to participants in digital format in advance of the event, via email, blackboard or other methods. While we are unable to loan wheelchairs for use throughout the day, if you do not have a personal mobility device that you can bring with you, you may rent one in your hometown or from a local rental agency. Find local wheelchair and scooter rental agencies.

Accessing Buildings

A map of campus buildings, including accessible entrances, can be found online at


ADA accessible parking and drop-off locations are available for individuals with disabilities and those with limited mobility. State-issued disability parking placards are required for access to the handicap-accessible parking spaces. You may view ADA parking and accessible routes on the campus map:

For detailed campus parking maps and instructions on the recommended areas to park, you may also visit the Parking & Transportation website. Guests with questions on accessibility parking needs please call or send an email to or (303) 492-4431.

Service Animals 

The University of Colorado Boulder welcomes guests and their service animals to our campus. Please note that, per University policy, pets and emotional support or comfort animals are not allowed in CU buildings, unless a housing accommodation has been approved in advance, but are allowed in outdoor spaces. 


If you wish to contact the ADA Compliance office, you can reach them by phone at (303) 492-9725 or email at