Here is some information to help you choose the housing for your exchange term(s) and, if university housing is your choice, to help you apply for this housing. If you are an international exchange student coming to CU Boulder on one of our official exchange programs, the following applies to you:

Exchange student housing choices:

  • University housing in apartments: the Bear Creek apartments can be a very good choice for exchange students.  Bear Creek is run by the university and offers many social activities in addition to housing.  Accommodation is in self-catering, ensuite apartments for students who are beyond their first year of university study.  You apply as an individual and will be matched with roommates(s).  Although the normal contract is for 9 or 12 months, if you will only be here for a semester, Bear Creek will allow a contract for the semester only if space allows. You apply online.
  • Off campus housing: we strongly recommend that students who wish to live off campus, arrive to find housing 1 - 2 weeks earlier than the date on the immigration document.
  • Advice on housing from former exchange students: a good source of information about housing in Boulder can come from former or current exchange students.  Please ask your university's exchange coordinator if they can release contact information for current or former exchange students to you.