Thanks for your interest in the Johnson Lab!
We are always interested in finding exceptional and highly motivated students to join our team. Students in the lab employ a diverse range of approaches, including laboratory experiments, field research, and modeling, to address broad questions in ecology. Because much of our work is collaborative, students should be able to work smoothly in a group dynamic. Students interested in joining the Johnson Lab for Undergraduate, Master's- or Ph.D-level research should contact Dr. Johnson directly with a letter of interest in PDF format.
Please include the following with or in your letter of interest:
- Curriculum vitae or Resume
- Your general research interests, previous experience, and how you will contribute to work already being pursued in the lab
- Whether you intend to apply for a MA or Ph.D program
- Post-graduate career plans
- Why you are specifically interested in the work being done in the Johnson lab?
- Whether you have applied for any external fellowships (e.g., NSF or EPA)
We look forward to hearing from you!