Aridlands Ecology Laboratory Instruments
- Carbon & Nitrogen Analyzer (Costech, esc 4010)
- Microplate Reader (Biotek, elx800)
- Gas Chromatograph (Hp, 5890)
- Gravity Convection Lab Oven (Thermoscientific, Precision Oven 6524)
- Balances (Sartorius Cp2p, Denver Instruments TP 214, Ohaus Scout 200/2000)
- Water Purification (Barnstead, Easy Pure II)
EBIO Dendrochronology Laboratory
Dendrochronology, the dating and study of annual rings in trees, may be used to yield a range of historical information. Important applications include reconstructing past climate and also understanding the impacts of historical disturbance (e.g. fire, insects) and human land use (e.g. mining, livestock grazing) on ecosystem structure.
We have created this lab to train undergraduate and graduate students in these techniques in order to increase their understanding of historical ecology and the role that past events have played in structuring modern ecosystems. If you are interested in using this facility, please contact us.