The Program in Jewish Studies invites applications to serve as a Graduate Research Assistant (GRA) in the Post-Holocaust American Judaism Archives under the direction of Professor Nan Goodman this Spring 2017. This is a 30% appointment for 12 hours per week. The position carries a tuition remission for 6 credit hours along with a monthly stipend. The stipend amount is determined by the Graduate School, and should be roughly the same as last semester's amount of $5,722.13 divided over five months.
Responsibilities of the GRA may include:
- conducting research in the Post-Holocaust American Judaism Archives for the upcoming Embodied Judaism symposium (Nov. 2017)
- assisting archivists in processing the collection
- other duties specified by the instructor
Graduate students wishing to apply for this position must meet all conditions specified by the Graduate School. In addition, applicants should submit the following materials:
- a CV
- an unofficial transcript
- a statement of up to 500 words outlining any prior work with the Program in Jewish Studies, degree progress to date, any prior teaching experience (at CU Boulder or elsewhere), and any academic background relevant to this research position in the archives
- a letter of support from your faculty advisor. This letter need not be more than a paragraph or two speaking to the applicant's research and writing skills.
All components of the application -- with the exception of the advisor letter -- should be submitted electronically as one PDF file to CUJewishStudies@colorado.edu. The advisor letter should be sent separately to CUJewishStudies@colorado.edu by the faculty member.
Eligibility requirements for holding graduate teaching appointments are detailed on pages 5-10 of this manual.
The deadline for submission is January 25, 2017 by 5:00PM.