The College of Engineering & Applied Sciences created the Interdisciplinary Research Themes (IRT) as part of our strategic vision to build on our college and campus strengths, prepare for future research opportunities, and accelerate our positive impacts to our state and nation. The Imaging Science IRT is directed by Dr. Todd Murray and aims to change society through medical, industrial, and several other applications of imaging. Read the 2018 PDF report on the IRT's accomplishments.
Our Four Year Vision: An Intensive, Interdisciplinary Research and Education Effort
- Novel imaging systems and technologies with significant society impact
- Technology transfer and commercialization
- Broad dissemination through high impact publications
- Innovative educational opportunities
- Establish a continuing stream of funding from industry and federal agencies
- Solidy a reputation as a world leader in interdiscplinary imaging science and engineering