Integrative Physiology • Institute for Behavioral Genetics
Office: RL#4 room 33
- The regulation of protein synthesis in synaptic plasticity, memory and neurological disorders.
- Regulators of phosphatase function in Down syndrome and schizophrenia.
- Aging, stress, and neurodegeneration.
- Molecular Signaling of Neurological Disorders Laboratory.
- Profile page at the Institute for Behavioral Genetics.
- 1991-1995, B.S. w/ Honors, Molecular and Cellular Biology (Biochemistry), University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 1998-2004, Ph.D., Molecular and Cellular Biology (Neuroscience), University of Arizona, Tucson, AZ
- 2004-2006 , Post-doctoral assistant, Dr. Eric Klann, Baylor College of Medicine, Houston, TX
- 2006-2009, Post-doctoral fellow, Dr. Eric Klann, New York University, New York, NY
- 2010-present, Adjunct Assistant Professor, New York University School of Medicine, New York, NY.
- 2010-2013, Director, NYU School of Medicine, Rodent Behavior Core.
- 2011-present, Adjunct faculty, Center for Neural Science, New York University.
- 2012-2013, CDMRP Tuberous Sclerosis Complex Research Program, Scientific Reviewer.
- 2012, CDMRP Neurofibromatosis Research Program, Ad-hoc Reviewer.
- 2013, NSF ICOB Neuroscience, Study Section Reviewer.
- 2013-present, Assistant Professor, Institute for Behavioral Genetics, Department of Integrative Physiology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO.
Honors and Awards
- 1992, National Hispanic Scholarship Fund Finalist.
- 1993, Goldwater Scholar Finalist.
- 1995, Summa cum Laude, University of Arizona.
- 1996, National Science Foundation Minority Pre-doctoral Fellowship.
- 2009, ISN Biennial Meeting Young Investigator Award.
- 2012, Whitehead Fellowship Award for Junior Faculty.
- 2012, Minority New Investigator Award, Alzheimer's Association.
- 2013, Blas Frangione Young Investigator Merit Award.