Layne Hubbard (Computer Science):
- Research Award $500 for her dissertation research on ways to support young children's agency using a multimodal MindScribe Story Tree
- Travel $125 to present her work on reflective storytelling in Child-Robot interaction at the ACM Conference on Creativity & Cognition
- Travel $36 to present her paper on supporting children's agency in child-agent interactions at the ACM Conference on Conversational User Interfaces
Shirley Huang (Speech Language Hearing Sciences):
- Travel Award $500 to present her paper on Emotion Language Skills in Dual Language Learners at the American Speech-language Hearing Association Convention
Alyssa Strickler (Linguistics):
- Research award $500 to fund her dissertation research on sound change within an individual speaker's lifetime
Student apply for awards three times a year, fall, spring, and summer semesters.
Learn more about the Student Travel & Research Awards here.