Sleep is an essential part of student health and wellness - it impacts our mood, memory, metabolism, immune systems and more. Research shows that getting 7 - 9 hours of restful sleep every night can make a world of difference, but sometimes we all need a mid-day pick-me-up. In fact, a quick, 20-minute nap in the middle of the day can help us feel more rested and alert and not impact our night time sleep.
Relaxation Stations, located in The Rec, offer a safe and relaxing space for students. Each location features nap pods that incorporate an ergonomic design, sleep music and gentle wake sequence - all designed to create an optimal environment for a power nap.
How it works
Ready to take a nap? Nap pods can be used on a first-come, first-served basis at each location.
Here's how they work:
- Store your stuff in the pod.
- Sit down and the control panel will start your nap.
- Adjust the incline and volume of music.
- The timer is automatically set for 20 minutes.
- Ready, set, nap!
- Sanitize the pod after use. Wipes are provided at each location.