If you are interested in joining the CU Fraternity Community, fill out the interest form here!
Currently, there are five fraternities that are offically recognized by the Unviersity of Colorado Boulder:
- Phi Delta Theta
- Phi Delta Theta was founded on December 26, 1848 at the University of Miami, Oxford, Ohio. Phi Delta Theta was built on three pillars: the cultivation of friendship among its members, the acquirement individually of a high degree of mental culture, and the attainment personally of a high standard of morality. By celebrating each person’s true self, and by learning from each other’s strengths while helping to improve each other’s weaknesses, every member of Phi Delta Theta develops into a greater version of himself than he could ever on his own.
- Sigma Tau Gamma
- Sigma Tau Gamma was founded on June 28, 1920 at the University of Central Missouri, Warrensburg, Missouri by veterans of the First World War to be a fraternity of courageous and noble gentlemen who always endeavor forward. The members of Sigma Tau Gamma dedicate themselves to learning, integrity, excellence, leadership, citizenship, and brotherhood.
- Beta Theta Pi
- Beta Theta Pi was founded on August 8, 1839 on the campus of Miami University, Oxford, Ohio by eight young men who wanted to develop men of principle for a principled life. Beta Theta Pi's core value is to build lasting bonds of friendship and brotherhood through mutual assistance, intellectual growth, trust, responsible conduct, and intergrity.
- Sigma Chi
- Sigma Chi was founded on June 28, 1855 at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio by seven men who recognized that a principle-driven lifestyle should be paramount in an individual’s lifelong quest to achieve progressive development, and that the world in which they lived had a great need for ethical leaders whose core principles were based on the possession of remarkable character. Sigma Chi hopes to enhance the leadership abilities of men by refining their character through the framework of Friendship, Justice and Learning.
- Sigma Phi Epsilon
- Sigma Phi Epsilon was founded on November 1, 1901 on the campus of the University of Richmond in Richmond, Virginia. Sigma Phi Epsilon was founded with the Cardinal Principles of Virtue, Diligence and Brotherly Love. SigEp's mission is “Building Balanced Men,” which is achieved through a commitment to Sound Mind and Sound Body.