2020-2021 Graduate Excellence Awards
The Graduate and Professional Student Government (GPSG) is pleased to announce a call for nominations for the annual Graduate Teaching Excellence Awards (TEA) and Outstanding Research Assistant Award (ORAA) for the 2020-2021 academic year. Each award comes with a monetary prize of $400 and will be publicly announced.
- Students should self-nominate
There will be a section in the application for an OPTIONAL letter of recommendation to be uploaded
Anyone who is not a student or mentee of the nominee during the semester of nomination may write a letter of recommendation for the award.
Other acceptable supporters could be your adviser, a PI, a professor familiar with your work or teaching style, a staff member at CU, etc.
- All student pursuing graduate studies are eligible to apply, including international students and professional students (e.g., MBA, Law)
- For the TEA, we are offering the award to an intentionally broad definition of teachers since we know that not all students have the same opportunities. Most of our applicants are GPTIs and TAs, although any other student who is heavily involved in mentoring or other informal teaching is also welcome to apply.
- Nominations open on March 19, 2021
- Nominations are due April 16, 2021. Letters of Recommendation should be submitted by this point.