To our graduate and professional colleagues,
Happy end of summer! Summer has been pretty quiet for us as we prepare to kick off a new year of grad and professional student representation this fall. As Executives, we've put together a list of priorities to work on with campus administration and the GPSG Assembly has also been brainstorming projects for the coming year:
- Increasing transparency about grad student stipend compensation and appointment expectations
- Increasing grad student stipends to match the cost of living in Boulder
- Increasing transparency about the "fine print" of grad and professional student benefits and services offered through the university
- Increasing direct communication between campus administration and grad and professional student groups
- Student representation on the CU Board of Regents
- Improving access to DEI educational materials for students
- Increasing parking and transportation safety on campus
- Improving accessibility of campus buildings
- GPSG meetings
- All GPSG meetings will be scheduled during the first week of classes in August
- New Grad Student Orientation on August 16th
- Grad and Professional student events on the CU Calendar
- Applications for positions within GPSG and on campus boards and committees are open! Many of these positions are paid and no previous experience is necessary. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and more positions will be added as we get closer to the start of the school year. Position descriptions can be found here and application materials here.
- Sign up to get the weekly GPSG newsletter!
Looking forward to seeing you this fall!
We hope you have a great rest of your summer,
GPSG Executive Team