To our graduate and professional colleagues,
Please see below for a weekly update from the Graduate and Professional Student Government, which you should also be receiving from your department representative or college senator.
Upcoming events and opportunities:
- GPSG meetings
- Grad and Professional student events on the CU Calendar
- DEI Award applications close soon on October 15
- Sign up for the GPSG weekly newsletter!
- Presidential Search Committee nominations are open, tell anyone who may be interested to apply by October 21! Email the Director of Legislative Affairs with any questions.
- Please continue to share any questions or concerns about campus COVID-19 policies via this survey.
Week in Review:
- The CU Student Government (CUSG) Legislative Council has recently announced a strike in response to systemic racism within the CUSG system and a transfer of power to university administration which undermines the autonomy of their government. GPSG executives have written a statement clarifying the role of GPSG in this strike and our commitment to fostering diversity and inclusion in our daily operations. Our full statement can be found here.
- Dean Adler of the Grad School will be attending assembly next week to answer questions about the Grad School Strategic Plan. Please bring any questions or comments you or your constituents have!
- We scheduled a meeting with the new Associate Vice Chancellor of DEI at the end of October
- The GPSG assembly approved an executive nomination for a graduate student to join the CTL Board. We still have applications available for various campus positions.
- The GPSG assembly committees presented their goals at Tuesday's meeting. See minutes from the meeting here.
- We have a bunch of old iClickers (around 50) that we no longer use. If you know someone who could use them for a class please email email@example.com. We have not checked the battery status, etc but anyone is welcome to claim them! Availability is first-come, first-served.
- As executives we meet with administrators all the time. If you have questions that should be directed to administrators please let us know! In some cases we may already have an answer.
We hope you stay safe and have a great week,
GPSG Executive Team