By viewing or submitting Faculty Course Questionnaires (FCQs), you agree to the following Terms of Service (further referred to as Terms). If you disagree with any part of the Terms, then you may not submit, access or view the FCQs. Violation of the Terms may result in having your FCQ submission removed from the report (both numeric responses and comments).
Last updated: November 1, 2018
All individuals submitting an FCQ are required to adhere to these Terms, further, by submitting FCQs you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the Terms then you may not submit an FCQ.
The FCQ comment section is a place for the student to offer constructive comments to the instructor regarding their experience in a particular course. The student has the freedom to share their opinion of the class, offer advice or feedback to the instructor, provide context or clarity to their numeric responses, or to respond to a specific prompt provided by the instructor.
The following behaviors are violations of the Terms. Engaging in any of the following could result in consequences such as having your FCQ response removed, your comment being referred to the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC) and possible disciplinary action:
- Attacks on protected class. Harassment based on race, color, national origin, pregnancy, sex, age, disability, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, political affiliation or political philosophy.
- Use of slurs or other derogatory terms. These are not evaluations of an instructor’s ability, but rather insults and name-calling—in other words, abuse or hate speech.
- Threats and intimidation of any kind. This includes threats of physical violence and use of emotional intimidation to belittle an instructor or alter something about themselves (unrelated to teaching ability) through threats, insults or critiques of personal rather than professional attributes (e.g. hair style, clothing choices, physical appearance, etc.).
- Impersonation. You may not misrepresent yourself in any written comments, such as portraying oneself as another student or being untruthful about personal details about oneself.
Last updated: November 1, 2018
All individuals viewing or accessing FCQ results are required to adhere to these Terms of Service. By viewing or accessing online FCQ results—which includes working with FCQ data, viewing FCQ response rates, and instructor and department reports, including all FCQ websites, batch reports and digital copies—you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access or view the FCQs.
Types of access
- Public: The numeric FCQ results for core questions are public information and available for anyone to view. The FCQ program makes these available through a public-facing website.
- Private: Student comments and custom question results are not public. Access to these is restricted to select individuals as defined below.
- Instructor: Instructors have access to their student comments and custom question results, but not those of other instructors unless they have report administrator access. This refers specifically to online access of results. Once accessed, the instructor is free to share their results as they please.
- Report Administrator: Report administrators are designated members of departments who have access to all reports within the department, including Campus Labs and batch reports. These are for department use at the discretion of department leadership.
Reports may be used for data analysis, creating teaching portfolios, and department promotion purposes. Some examples include:
- Compiling reports to analyze department averages
- Using reports as part of the promotion/hiring purposes
- Using student comments in department promotional/fundraising materials