Fabio Somenzi received the Dr. Eng. degree in Electronic Engineering from Politecnico di Torino, Italy, in 1980, filing a thesis on automatic test pattern generation for sequential circuits. He was with SGS-Thomson Micro-electronics from 1982 to 1989 as responsible for computer-aided digital design.
From 1984 to 1987 he taught digital logic design at the Computer Science Department of the University of Milano, Italy. In 1987 he visited the Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department of the University of California, Berkeley. Since 1989 he has been an with the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering of the University of Colorado, Boulder, where he is currently a Full Professor.
- Born in Salerno, Italy, on September 17, 1957.
- Italian Citizen. U.S. Permanent Resident.
Dr. Eng. Degree in Electronic Engineering (summa cum laude) Politecnico di Torino, Italy, 1980.
- 2001–present: Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Colorado.
- 1993–2001: Associate Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Colorado.
- 1989–1993: Assistant Professor, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering University of Colorado.
- 1987: Visiting Industrial Fellow, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Department, University of California, Berkeley.
- 1984–1987: Adjunct Professor, Computer Science Department, Universit`a di Milano, Italy.
- 1982–1989: SGS-Thomson Microelectronics, Agrate Brianza (MI), Italy. Responsible for computer aids for digital design.
- 1981: Served in Italian Army.
- D’Ovidio Award as outstanding graduate of Politecnico di Torino for the academic year 1979–1980.
- Best Paper Award. Design Automation Conference, June 2000.
- Associate Editor for IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design (1994–1998).
- Coordinating editor for Journal of Formal Methods in System Design (2005–present).
- Reviewer for:
- IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design;
- IEEE Transaction of Computers;
- Journal of Formal Methods in System Design;
- Linear Algebra and its Applications;
- Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing;
- Journal of Electronic Testing Theory and Applications;
- IEEE Design and Test;
- IEEE Design Automation Conference;
- IFIP VLSI Conference;
- European Test Conference.
- Member of the Program Committee of:
- International Conference on Computer Aided Verification (1994, 1995, 1998–2004, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 (Co-chair 2003)).
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Aided Design (1989,1992–1995, 1998, 2001–2002, 2006, 2008).
- ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (1995–1997, 2007, 2008).
- IEEE European Conference on Design Automation (1990, 1992–1994, 2001, 2003).
- IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (1992, 1993, 1994, 1999, 2000).
- Formal Methods in Computer-Aided Design (2006).
- IEEE European Design for Testability Workshop (1987).
- MCNC International Workshop on Logic Synthesis (1989–2001 (Program Chair 1995, Executive Committee 1998, General Chair 1999)).
- IFIP International Workshop on Logic and Architecture Synthesis (1990).
- International Symposium on Low Power Electronics and Design (1996, 2000).
- International Conference on Application of Concurrency to System Design (1998).
- Computer Aided Design and Test Decision Diagrams - Concepts and Applications (1999, 2001).
- International SPIN Workshop on Model Checking of Software (2001).
- IEEE Asia-Pacific Design Automation Conference (2003).
- International Workshop on Bounded Model Checking (2004, 2005).
- IBM Verification Conference (2006).
- Workshop on Verification and Debugging (2006, co-organizer).