A Brief Biography
I was born in Tehran and grew up in Ardabil, a city northwest of Iran. I completed my undergraduate degree in Civil Engineering and Master of Science in “Hydraulic Structures” from K.N.Toosi University of Technology, Tehran. In 2012, I moved to the United States in order to pursue a Master of Science in “Structural Mechanics” and a Doctorate in “Earthquake Engineering” from the University of Colorado at Boulder. From June 2015 to Dec 2019, I worked as a Post-Doctoral Research Associate emphasizing the structural safety assessment of nuclear power plants and dam safety subjected to multi-hazard (e.g., aging and shaking). In January 2020, I joined NIST as a researcher. Since 2016, I have served as a lecturer at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
How to Find Me
- E-mail (email@example.com)
- Journal Citation Report (Google Scholar)
- Journal Peer Review History (Publons)
- Abstract/Full Text Paper (ResearchGate)
- Professional Network (LinkedIn)
- Research ID (ORCID) - orcid.org/0000-0001-6772-1468
- Researcher (Jan 2020 - ), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, USA.
- Affiliated Researcher (Jan 2020 - ), University of Maryland College Park, USA.
- Affiliated Researcher (Jan 2020 - ), University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- Lecturer (Jan 2016 - ), University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- Research Associate (Jun 2015 - Dec 2019), University of Colorado, Boulder, USA.
- Ph.D., University of Colorado, Boulder, USA, Civil Eng.
- M.Sc., University of Colorado, Boulder, USA, Civil Eng.
- M.Sc., K.N.Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Civil Eng.
- B.Sc., K.N.Toosi University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, Civil Eng.
- Chair, Academic & Research Collaboration Subcommittee (USSD Education & Training Committee), Since 2021.
- YP Vice-Chair, USSD Committee "Dam Safety", 2018-2022.
- Co-Founder and Partner at X-Elastica, LLC; CO, USA, Since 2017.
- Risk, Reliability, Resilience, and Uncertainty Quantification
- Scientific Machine Learning
- Earthquake Engineering
- Infra-Structures (Dam, Tower, Nuclear Reactors, Bridges)
- Alkali-Silica/Aggregate Reaction
- Coupled Systems Mechanics (FSI, SSI)
- Concrete Fracture and Damage Mechanics
Honors and Awards
- Exceptional Young Professional of the year, awarded by the US Society of Dams (USSD), April 2022.
- Received the CU Engineering Recent Alumni Award (RAA): outstanding alumni in the college of engineering and applied science within ten years of graduation, Jan 2022.
- Listed among the Top 2% of Researchers worldwide according to the composite citation index developed by Stanford University, Oct 2021 and 2022.
- Editor’s Choice Paper, Selected by "Water", July 2021.
- Best Paper Award, Selected by IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), Miami, Florida, December 2020.
- Best Doctorate Thesis Award, Selected by National Dam Safety Association, 5th International Dam Safety Symposium, Istanbul, Turkey, October 2018.
- PAC Travel Award, Selected by Postdoctoral Association of Colorado (PAC), University of Colorado, Boulder, September 2018.
- Marinus G. Smith Award (an outstanding faculty who has made a significant impact on the lives of the CU Boulder students), Selected by Office of New Students & Family Programs, University of Colorado, Boulder, April 2017 & 2018 (twice).
- Outstanding Postdoctoral Award, Selected by Office of Postdoctoral Affairs, University of Colorado, Boulder, Fall 2016.
- Outstanding Reviewer, Awarded by Elsevier, June & October 2016; January & April 2017.
- Outstanding Ph.D. Dissertation, Selected by Department of Civil Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Spring 2016.
- Dissertation Completion Fellowship, Awarded by Department of Civil, Environmental and Architectural Engineering, University of Colorado, Boulder, Spring 2015.
- Highlighted Young Engineer (under 35 who is making a significant impact on the dam industry), Selected by International Water Power & Dam Construction Magazine, UK, June 2014.
- Distinguished and Exemplary Researcher, Department of Civil Engineering, K.N. Toosi University of Technology, Iran, 2010.
- Accepted in the State-Level of Computer Science Olympiad, Iran, 2001.
Journal Editorial Board Member
- Sustainability, Since 2021; Editor
- Infrastructures, Since 2018; Editor
- Water, 2020-2023; Lead Guest Editor
- Shock and Vibration, Since 2017; Editor
- Mathematical Problems in Engineering, Since 2018; Editor
- Advances in Mechanical Engineering, 2017-2020; Lead Guest Editor
- Advances in Materials Science and Engineering, 2019-2020; Lead Guest Editor
- Frontiers in Built Environment (Earthquake Engineering), Since 2017; Associate Editor
Peer Review Activities (Selective)
- ACI Structural and Materials Journals
- ASCE: Natural Hazards Review; Journal of Infrastructure Systems; Journal of Hydraulic Engineering; Journal of Aerospace Engineering; ...
- Taylor and Francis: Structure and Infrastructure Engineering; Journal of Earthquake Engineering; European Journal of Environmental and Civil Engineering; ...
- Elsevier: Engineering Structures; Nuclear Engineering and Design; Applied Mathematical Modeling; Ocean Engineering; Soil Dynamics and Earthquake Engineering; Archives of Civil and Mechanical Engineering; Probabilistic Engineering Mechanics; Disaster Risk Reduction; Reliability Engineering and System Safety; ...
- Springer: Neural Computing and Applications; Earthquake Engineering and Engineering Vibration; Materials and Structures; KSCE Civil Engineering; Mountain Science; ...
- SAGE: Structural Health Monitoring; Advances in Mechanical Engineering; Journal of Materials: Design and Applications; ...
- Hindawi: Mathematical Problems in Engineering; Shock and Vibration; Advances in Civil Engineering; Journal of Structures; ...
- Techno Press: Structural Engineering and Mechanics; Computers and Concrete; Earthquakes and Structures; Smart Structures and Systems ...
- MDPI: Geosciences; Infrastructures; Materials; Applied Sciences; Entropy; Water; ...
Performance at a Glance (as of October 2022)