Instruments available for use in the MIMIC facility can be booked within our scheduling system for training and use and include the following:
- Zeiss Xradia 520 Versa with optional in situ mechanical testing capabilities.
- Detail on this instrument is provided in the link to the right.
- Hysitron TI-950 Nanoindenter capable of traditional nano/microindentation, dynamic testing (nanoDMA), scratch testing.
- Add-ons available for this system that include an extended displacement stage (i.e., to test very soft materials), a Peltier stage (enabling testing from 0-100˚C), and custom environmental chambers.
- Three transducers that include a 12 mN max load 2D transducer (for indentation and scratch testing), a 18 mN max load dynamic transducer, and a 500 mN max load transducer.
- Renishaw InVia Raman spectroscopy
- Materials can be assessed while located on the Renishaw system's confocal microscope stage
- Fiber optic cables connect the Raman spectroscopy system to the optics on the nanoindenter to also enable site-matched nanomechanical assessment and spectroscopy measurements.
- MTS Insight II Mechanical Testing System
- Desktop mechanical tester for tension, compression, bending, etc.
- Load cells available include: 2 kN, 250 N, 5 N, and 2 N.
- Testing fixtures for compression, tension, and bending can be made available for use.
Note: this page is under construction where more detail on these instruments will be posted soon!