The Department of Ethnic Studies now offers four scholarships of $1,000 each to majors and minors who demonstrate a commitment to the values and goals of our department and field, in addition to being in good academic standing. Please see our current scholarship opportunities below, and be sure to stay tuned in the near future for announcements of new scholarships!
To qualify for any of our four scholarships you must:
- Be a CU-Boulder undergraduate majoring or minoring in Ethnic Studies with at least one semester left before graduation
- Be in good academic standing with a GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Have demonstrated financial need
Preference will be given to:
- First generation college students
- Students who have disadvantaged backgrounds and have faced unusual adversity
- Students with an interest in and commitment to social justice or civil rights
- You must first complete the university’s general scholarship application in myCUinfo, following these step-by-step instructions.
- Once your general application is complete, you will be able to view and apply for the Ethnic Studies scholarships. They are all listed together as one opportunity titled “Ethnic Studies Undergraduate Scholarships.”
- Follow the application requirements listed below.
- Applicants only need to apply to the “Ethnic Studies Undergraduate Scholarships” opportunity one time to be considered for all of the undergraduate scholarships listed above. You do not need to specify the name of the scholarships.
- For more information on CU’s scholarship processes, visit CU Boulder Scholarships.
- A 1-2 page, double-spaced report with your name, your major(s) & minor(s), the year and semester you expect to graduate (e.g., Spring 2021), your cumulative GPA, and an essay about how you believe you are qualified for this scholarship.
- Optional: Include a resume/CV.
- The winner will be honored at and expected to attend the Ethnic Studies Graduation.
- If you have any questions, please call 303-492-8852.