self-care (n.): the practice of taking an active role in protecting one's own well-being and happiness, in particular, during periods of stress.
As the semester winds down, consider ways to optimize your work process and create strong boundaries that support your academic success and health and wellness. Some basics to remember:
- Lean into your routine.
- Plan your study sessions wisely.
- Ask for help and use your resources.
- Talk to your professors and TAs! - Get rest, eat regular meals, and don't ignore your health.
- Take time for self-care.
- Avoid stimulants.
- Surround yourself with positivity.
Take a look at some of these tools created by CU to support you as you end the term strong!
- 6 self-care tips for the end of the semester
- Join the Rec Center for free during Finals Week - Dec. 9-14
- Check out CAPS Anxiety Toolbox Workshops and Workbook
- 5 small ways to treat yourself during finals week
- Check out Wardenburg's wellness programming
- Order a Buff Box to make sure you are prepared to stay healthy and safe
- 7 hacks for better sleep