Mario Gomez photo collageMario Gomez, an architecture major graduating with a Spanish minor, plans to work at a local architecture firm to gain experience and eventually become a licensed architect. 

My best piece of advice for other students is to just enjoy life along the way, these four years are going to fly by, and those tough classes will be over but at least you kept the memories.

Where are you from?
Colorado

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I was involved in DWB

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I fell in love with the University of Colorado at a very young age, everything in my life just happened to align.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
One of the greatest lessons that I learned from my time at CU Boulder was the ability to open myself more to the world, to try new things, to meet new people, to be a better person.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
One of my favorite memories was when my very first studio led by Shawhin, was taken on a "field trip" to the Boulder Bandshell, being on the site mapping things out, coming up with solutions really made me feel like I was on my way to being something great, and to this date, it still does.

If you could say anything to your classmates what would you say?
I would say that I appreciate every one of them, that I appreciate their input on my projects, how they would always provide me with technical support whenever something wasn't going as planned, (I'm looking at you Revit).

What does graduating from college represent for you?
Graduating from college represents the end of a chapter in my life, where I stop being a kid and grow up, where I take everything I learned and apply it to my very own life.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
My plans beyond graduation are to work at a local architecture firm as I get experience to one day take my architect licensure exam.