Brian Tseng-Nicodemus, a landscape architecture major, plans to travel to Poland to volunteer and help Ukrainian refugees after graduation.

Brian Tseng-NicodemusThank y'all for being you.

Where are you from?
​Taiwan

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
Program intern for CEDaR and intern for PCS Group. Teacher Assistant. Made tutorials for ENVD Skillshare Youtube playlist.

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I was interested in architecture at the time and chose ENVD because of its interdisciplinary culture. I was also able to live with my family and take care of my grandmother who lived in Boulder.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I learned to value studio group collaboration opportunities as it's super beneficial in the workplace and life in general.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
If you get a chance with your electives, I highly recommend taking African Dance with Nii Armah Sowah. Ask Shawhin for his experience there.

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Talking about philosophy and eating Tate's cookies while working on a competition project late at night.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
An opportunity to make a positive impact on the society

What are your plans beyond graduation?
Ideally, I'm hoping to travel to Poland to volunteer and help out Ukrainian refugees upon graduation. If obstacles are apparent such as language barriers and lack of humanitarian training, I'll then focus on transitioning to the workplace and working for a landscape architecture/urban design job.