Makenna Karhoff, a double major in landscape architecture and psychology, has accepted a Design Assistant position at HLB Lighting Design in Denver.

Makenna KarhoffThank you for always uplifting me, especially when I need it the most (review days specifically). 

Tell us about your involvement and/or student leadership roles in and/or outside of ENVD.
I have spent the last few years growing as a leader in my sorority. I have been the honor chair, vice president and president. In addition, I have been a learning assistant for the psychology program and have been a learning assistant mentor. In the ENVD program, I have been a TA for three semesters.

Where are you from?
Gilbert, Arizona

What inspired you to come to ENVD when choosing your school?
I wanted to find a community where I could express my creativity and passion for the built environment!

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
I have spent the last four years in ENVD discovering that design and life are imperfect. The process of getting to where you want can go through hundreds of different processes and however you end up to your final destination, there will be many lessons learned along the way.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
For ENVD students specifically: get a mouse!

Describe one of your favorite memories.
Most of my favorite memories come from late studio nights! It’s always a blast finishing up projects with your classmates around you.

What does graduating from college represent for you?
Graduating from college is a huge achievement for me. It represents a lot of different entities in my life. It represents strength and perseverance through some of the hardest times of my life. I wouldn’t have changed any of it.