Published: Oct. 22, 2020

Faces of ENVD with Caitlin Anderson“When we think about what it means to be a critical part of this community, Caitlin defines that. She has been the one behind the scenes ensuring every studio has a kit for safety, she welcomes everyone into the ENVD Building with a true sense of excitement and commitment that confirms we all belong here, and she ensures that no matter what is going on the entire community feels supported.

It is evident that every staff and faculty member are doing their part to make this educational experience rewarding for our design buff community, but a special thanks needs to go to Caitlin for ensuring we remain safe and that the space we love is somewhere we can come in and thrive because of the detail and attention she gives. We are lucky to have someone like her here at ENVD.”

–Fellow Design Buff

Caitlin AndersonDon’t let these challenging times define you. Take on each day with confidence and fortitude. Continue to learn, grow and move forward with positivity.

What is your faculty/staff position? Front Office Professional Assistant

Where are you from? Silverthorne, CO

What inspired you to come and work for ENVD? Even though I don’t have a design background, I was inspired to be a part of the ENVD community from the moment I walked through the doors. It was evident that ENVD is committed to an inclusive, creative and experiential learning experience. I love working in a team environment and my ENVD peers are the most supportive and encouraging individuals I work with and I am honored to be here.

What do you miss the most about being in person on campus and ENVD? Face-to-face interactions, engaging in collaborative discussions and coffee, and conversations with colleagues!

What has been one of your favorite memories so far, this academic year? Although these times have been challenging, it has also empowered us. We have reached new limits with creative and innovative solutions we never imagined would be possible.

What’s your go-to, non-Zoom activity when you get to take a break from your screen(s)? I love to get out and explore the outdoors whether it’s hiking, camping, skiing or my newest hobby, fly fishing. Since my commute to work has decreased, it has definitely freed up time to cook some new amazing recipes with my husband. Our favorite is pan-seared steak with garlic, olive oil, thyme, butter then topped with cherry tomatoes and basil. It’s absolutely delicious! I also cannot forget to mention my furry officemate, Lila. Working remotely has definitely spoiled her with endless chin scratches and belly rubs.