Sean Cunningham, an architecture major from Kansas City, plans to work towards an architecture license and attend graduate school. 

Sean CunninghamY'all are amazing! I can't believe I got to work with all of you, and for all of you, I didn't get to work with I wish I did! Thanks for creating such a kind, fun, and inspirational community!

What inspired you to come to ENVD?
I had a vague idea about what I wanted to do when I came back to school. I started out in architectural engineering and it really wasn't a good fit, but I took an ENVD course and loved it, and loved the design aspects of what I was doing in the engineering center so I signed up and was immediately sold! I loved the sense of community and direction that was ever-present in classes and studios.

What is one of the greatest experiences or lessons from your time at CU Boulder that you'll carry with you into the next chapter of your life?
Be O.K. with failing and always "fail up." Take risks and give it 100%. Either you'll pull it off and be happy, or you'll crash and burn and come out better than ever if you learn from it.

Based on what you know now, what is your best piece of advice for other students?
Don't let yourself be stuck with a bunch of "what-ifs" at the end of all this. Do it now and do it big. Work hard, push yourself hard and see what you're capable of. This is one of the few opportunities in life where you truly get to see what you're made of; don't give yourself the opportunity to be disappointed in yourself for not trying your best.

Favorite memory?
Helping students at the CINC and through TA'ing classes was one of my favorite experiences in ENVD. I hope I helped! If not it was still fun!

What does graduating from college represent for you?
Ten years of hard work, mistakes, long days and nights, disappointment, redemption, loss, love, and so much more.

What are your plans beyond graduation?
Work towards licensure for several years to gain experience, then grad school for a master's degree.