The goals of the OHS group are to promote high quality teaching, research, and work activities while maintaining a safe workplace and assist in the prevention of work-related injuries and illnesses.
Online Training Through BioRAFT
This program was developed to promote a safe work environment and to protect the health and safety of CU Boulder employees and students who are potentially exposed to airborne contaminants or may occupy an oxygen deficient atmosphere. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) promulgated a final rule 29 CFR 1910.134. This standard applies to all employees or students who are required to wear a respirator for any of their job tasks. Additionally, the program outlines the responsibilities and requirements for voluntary use of respirators.
What do you do if you have an accident on the job?
The University of Colorado provides workers’ compensation coverage, as required by State regulation, for employees (paid wages by the University of Colorado) who are injured during the course and scope of employment.
All employees who get injured while working are required to fill out the Employee Injury Report form.
Employees who get injured on the job are not required to seek medical attention, they are however required to fill out the Employee Injury Report within 4 working days of the incident or 20 days of an occupational disease.
Get appropriate medical treatment as follows:
- For an emergency call 911 or go to the closest urgent care facility or emergency room.
- For a non-emergency or any follow-up medical care, you must seek treatment with a Designated Medical Provider (DMP).
- Establish contact with your supervisor or faculty sponsor/designee to:
- Follow instructions from the DMP regarding medications, restrictions and treatment.
- Attend all medical appointments. If you have medical questions, discuss them with the DMP.
- The assigned adjuster may or may not contact you regarding your claim. If you have additional questions or concerns contact the URM main office at 303-860-5682 or toll free at 888-812-9601.