The Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance (OIEC) is responsible for addressing sexual misconduct (including sexual assault, exploitation and harassment, intimate partner abuse, and stalking), protected class discrimination and harassment, and any related retaliation at CU Boulder.
All employees who have the authority to hire, promote, discipline, evaluate, grade, formally advise, or direct faculty, staff or students are considered "responsible employees" and are required to report to OIEC.
- A responsible employee who becomes aware of sexual misconduct (including sexual assault, exploitation, and harassment, intimate partner abuse, and stalking), discrimination or harassment involving any member of the CU community must report it to OIEC.
- This applies whether the member of our community is the person who was subjected to the misconduct or the person accused of the misconduct.
- This applies regardless of where or when an incident occurred or how the information was conveyed to a responsible employee.
- The purpose of mandatory reporting is to ensure safety, offer support and resources (such as the Office of Victim Assistance), understand the scope of the concern, and to get the behavior to stop.
- When in doubt, contact OIEC for further guidance at 303-492-2127 or report at firstname.lastname@example.org.