Preparing for Your Session
After scheduling an appointment, here are some guidelines for preparing for your session.
- You will need to upload your work to Google Drive and share it with your tutor before your appointment time starts. Sharing any assignment guidelines or questions you have by the start of the appointment is also helpful.
- Whether you selected a synchronous (real-time) appointment or an asynchronous (email only) appointment, make sure that your paper is shared with your tutor by the time your appointment starts.
- If you have a synchronous appointment, you should be ready to log in to Zoom or Google Docs chat by the time the session starts.
- Please review our policies about what to expect during your session.
Navigating the Scheduling System
All appointments are scheduled through the Online Composition Hub Registration Site (https://colorado.mywconline.net). If this is your first time using the scheduling service, you will need to register for an account. It's completely free to make an account.
- Register for an account: Click the blue "Register for an Account" link at the top of the login box to register for access. You will be redirected to a page where you will enter your email and create a password. After you’ve registered, you may then return to the login page and log in.
- Finding an appointment: Once you’re logged in, you’ll be able to view the schedule of available appointments. Appointments are displayed one week at a time, but you can make an appointment for any time in the semester. Unavailable times are displayed in blue or gray. White boxes represent available appointment times. Next to the tutor's name to the left of the schedule, the site indicates whether the appointment is "synchronous" (you and the tutor will meet online during this appointment time) or "asynchronous" (you and the tutor will communicate by email only and you will receive feedback with 24 hours). Make sure that the appointment time and type suit your needs.
- Signing up for an appointment: To sign up for a slot, click on any white box that works for you and fill out all of the required info in the small window that pops up. You will have the option to attach your paper to your appointment form. Once you are done, you can see your appointment in yellow.
- Modifying or cancelling appointments: If you need to modify or cancel your appointment, you can click on the yellow box that indicates your appointment.
Google Docs Technical Support
- Make sure when you share your document with your tutor that they have either "editing" or "commenting" access on the document.
- Your tutor will most likely communicate by leaving comments and suggestions in the paper.
- Keep in mind that any text in the chat bar in the far right of the page will not be available after you leave the page.
- You can download the comments on the paper by clicking the "File" button in the top left corner of your document and then selecting download.
Zoom Technical Support
If you indicated you want to meet with your tutor over Zoom, your tutor will send you a link to a Zoom meeting before the start of your appointment time.
For Zoom troubling shooting, visit OIT's support website for Zoom.