To be a leader in addressing the humanitarian, social and technological challenges of the 21st century.
Who We Are
- CU Boulder is a leading global comprehensive research university.
- Located on the Front Range of the Rocky Mountains, we are distinguished by an entrepreneurial mindset that shapes our teaching, research and industry activities.
- In all our actions, we are committed to inclusive excellence, a quality that defines our passion to be on the forefront of change for a more sustainable and understanding world.
The Colorado Creed
As a member of the Boulder community and the University of Colorado Boulder, I agree to:
- Act with honor, integrity and accountability in my interactions with students, faculty, staff and neighbors.
- Respect the rights of others and accept our differences.
- Contribute to the greater good of this community.
These values are reinforced by our Inclusive Excellence Initiative. CU Boulder’s identity is defined by respect for diversity and inclusivity.
Strategic Imperative 1:
Shape Tomorrow’s Leaders
- Recruit, retain and graduate students committed to:
- Demonstrating honor, integrity, accountability, respect and contributions to the common good.
- Understanding, sharing and engaging diverse perspectives.
- Developing critical thinking and creative problem solving skills by fully participating in CU Boulder’s academically rigorous programs and community.
- Recognize and engage graduates who consistently demonstrate CU Boulder values and apply intellectual curiosity, rigor and collaboration to creatively address complex issues and opportunities.
Strategic Imperative 2:
Be the Top University for Innovation
- Serve as the nexus for innovation by facilitating collaboration and the sharing of diverse perspectives between universities, industry, laboratories and communities to elucidate and address complex issues and opportunities.