In order to qualify for BUENO-HEP, the student, or a member of his/her immediate family, must have worked, a minimum of 75 days, in migrant or seasonal farm work within the last two years.
The program’s definition of “immediate family” is defined as:
- A spouse
- A parent, step-parent, adoptive parent, foster parent, or anyone that can prove legal guardianship
- A person who
- Claims or has claimed the individual as a dependent on a Federal Income Tax return for either of the previous two (2) years
- Resides in the same household as the individual, supports that individual financially, and is a relative of that individual.
Jobs that qualify under the above criteria include, but are not limited to the following:
- Production of crops, dairy products, poultry or livestock
- Cultivation or harvesting of trees
- Fish Hatcheries
Students must verify employment in agriculturally related jobs and may verify their employment in the following ways:
- Check Stub
- Securing a letter from an employer showing he-she is employed with the organization
- A written and signed affidavit from the student indicating location and dates of employment